Professional-Lurker blog was listed as the Feedster Feed of the Day on November 13, 2005.
Professional-Lurker blog was the recipient of Best Research Based Blog High Esteem ranking in the 2004 EduBlog Awards.
The blogger is co-author of the 2004 EduBlog Awards winning paper Bridging the Gap: A Genre Analysis of Weblogs.
Joseph Fire Crow
Folk Alley: Folk Music, Traditional Music, Celtic Music, and World Music an online radio station
particularly the NPR channels.
Prolurkr's last.fm Recent Tracks
... Internetwork Ecology ...
Dover Electronic Clip Art Series (CD-ROM)
HTTrack Website Copier
Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count
Visited States (United States)
Web Frequency Indexer
The Word Meter
See Prolurker's Personal List at MyProgs
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950), "Back to Methuselah" (1921), part 1, act 1
Don't let fear convince you that you're too weak to have courage. Fear is the opportunity for courage, not the proof of cowardice.
McCain, John (2004, September). In Search of Courage: Finding the Courage Within You. FastCompany, 51-56.
In the search for character and commitment, we must rid ourselves of our inherited, even cherished biases and prejudices. Character, ability and intelligence are not concentrated in one sex over the other, nor in persons with certain accents or in certain races or in persons holding degrees from some universities over others. When we indulge ourselves in such irrational prejudices, we damage ourselves most of all and ultimately assure ourselves of failure in competition with those more open and less biased.
J. Irwin Miller, Chairman of the Board (1951-1977), Cummins Inc. From 1983 letter about diversity at the company.
|Add prolurker to your Google Toolbar|
My Amazon.com Wishlist
Movable Type 3.2
Syndicate this site (XML)
October 28, 2005
A Friday morning meme
Taken from to many places to credit. To play you enter your name and "needs" into Google and see what comes up. Here is the list of comments that were on the first page of my search.
- Lois needs a new hair style! (the exclamation point was in the original) - LOL No I do not...haven't had this one for all that long.
- Lois needs quality - Personally? Gezzz what a diss.
- Lois needs facility - Somedays that is so so true.
- Lois needs a date - Ahhhh Not. Dating was hard enough when I was single I can't imagine doing it when I am married.
- Lois needs help - So so true.
- Lois needs rescuing - Oh now here is one that fits. LOL Me as Janette MacDonald. Save me, Save me. LMAO
- Lois needs to do something - Lois needs to do A LOT of things
- Lois needs a two-piece business suit (skirt and jacket, blouse) - Ahhh A two-piece suit, assuming that you want to be covered, would have to include a jumper and a blouse. LOL A "skirt and jacket, blouse" combination is a THREE-piece suit, ok a three-piece ensemble. And no I don't need one of those either. I've gotten rid of almost all of mine from my management days...Never was a good pantyhose and suit kinda girl.
- Lois needs the help of Superman - You just knew he would have to be in there somewhere. I'm just gratified that he didn't appear until #9. See #6 above...which probably refers to Superman too now that I look at it.
- Lois needs to be contacted - Aliens, oh aliens.
- Lois needs to stop going nuts - Well and then there is that. *Sigh*
Posted by prolurkr at October 28, 2005 08:11 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Posted by: Anya at October 28, 2005 10:05 PM